Chelsea target Philippe Coutinho will STAY at Barcelona next season, according to his agent Kia Joorabchian.
Coutinho has been in the transfer headlines alot over the past six months as all indications suggested that he was done at Barcelona, that the Spaniards were keen to sell on this transfer window.
However, now that there is a new boss at the Camp Nou, it seems that Coutinho will not be sold, that he does have a future at the club and that he will not be coming back to the Premier League this summer.
When asked if Coutinho was staying at the club, his agent told talkSPORT: “Yeah.
“Koeman called him right after the Champions League victory with Bayern, the following day, and told him he’s very much in his plans and would like him to return. He was due to return on September 7.
“But actually he returned at the beginning of September because he didn’t want to lose his momentum and fitness.
“He’s been training with Barcelona.
“All signs point to the fact Barcelona have changed quite dramatically, the way their philosophy of how they wanted to move forward from last year.
“And the players they’ve brought in, like Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann they’re all going to be part of the squad this year.”
Look, the idea of having him in the squad would be brilliant, he is a serious world class player that could be a great signing for us, so the news that he is now staying is a loss.
We have made some quality signings this summer, but he is a statement signing.
YOU MAY HAVE MISSED:Lamps told PSG ready to sell £300,000-a-week Chelsea target this summer window