Alaba inquiry made, Lamps confirms Willian talks, Havertz offer has been submitted, James opens up in icchelseanews roundup.
Frank Lampard has reportedly made an inquiry to Bayern Munich about the availability of David Alaba this summer.
Lampard knows that he needs to improve the side if he wants to get back inside the top four and then push on to challenge for a Premier League title and Champions League crown.
And one area of concern for the Blues is the defence, as it is not good enough to challenge the big boys in Europe, so Lampard is reportedly keen to sort that issues out with the possible signing of Alaba, who is regarded as one of the best left-backs in the game right now.
Alaba has 12 months left on his current deal with the German giants, but there has been a few issues with his contract talks and speculation has risen over the past few months that he is seeking a way out of the club after ten years of service with Bayern.
Now the ATHLETIC have reported that we have made contact with Bayern Munich about a possible deal for Alaba, as they seek a cheaper alternative to the very expensive Ben Chilwell.
It is claimed that Leicester know the value of their top players and will demand a fee close to the £80 million mark for Chilwell, who has become one of the best players in Europe, but we only want to pay around the £45 million for the player.
Bayer Leverkusen HAVE received an offer from Chelsea for Kai Havertz, Blues fans have been told ahead of the summer window.
Havertz is regarded as one of the finest talents in the game right now and has been constantly linked with a move to the Premier League at the end of the season, with the club just one of the clubs that are reportedly keen on a transfer deal.
Frank Lampard has already Acquired the services of both Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech, but he is still seeking to improve hos attack ahead of next season, and is reportedly very keen on the young man.
And according to According to journalist Pepe Sierra, Real Madrid and we have both bid for the German playmaker, with our bid of £79.4million is significantly higher than Madrid’s, while their salary offer is also higher.
⚽️📰 CONFIRMADO: El #BayerLeverkusen ha recibido 2 ofertas por el alemán Kai Havertz (21):
El club y su representante analizan la negociación. pic.twitter.com/ckzPZKyrdt
— Pipe Sierra (@PipeSierraR) June 23, 2020
However, despite these latest reports, Lampard has come out and admitted that while Havertz is a top-player, he has played down the speculation that a bid has been made by the club.
He said on Sky Sports: “He’s obviously a top player, but to carry on from my answer before I’m certainly not going to comment on other players at other teams. And it cannot be our focus. So, nothing to say.”
When asked if an offer had been made, he added: “No. No bids have gone in.”
Lampard says there have been no bids by Chelsea for Bayer Leverkusen player Kai Havertz.#CHEMCI
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) June 24, 2020
Chelsea boss Frank Lampard has confirmed the club are in talks to extend Willian’s stay at the club beyond the end of the season.
There has been talk that he could be leaving at the end of the season as reports in the media have suggested that we may not be willing to offer him a new contract that he wants because of his age, and may be willing to let him leave the club on a free transfer, with the likes of Juventus and Barcelona eyeing up a possible deal.
But after getting the Brazilian to sign a deal until the end of July, Lampard has confirmed the club are in talks to extend Willian’s stay at the club beyond the end of the season.
Speaking to the media ahead of the home tie against Manchester City, Lampard said: “Yeah we are still talking with the players, and Willian in particular we are talking with him.
“I always felt confident they [Willian and Pedro] would remain, they’ve been fantastic professionals for the club, and servants in all senses.
“And when you have that level of professionalism within you, I think it’s a sign that they wanted to stay and see out the season at least.
“So we’ll carry on talking and see.
“But I think everybody’s focus now is on these next games, these individuals themselves and us as a club.”
James Rodriguez has hit out at accusations he is unprofessional and addressed speculation about his future at Real Madrid, with Chelsea interested in a deal.
There has been alot of transfer speculation in the media over the past few months which have suggested that we are interested in nailing down the services of Rodriguez in the summer window.
Now, amid all the speculation, Rodriguez has opened up about all the rumours and the claims that he has not been professional enough, In an interview with TV programme Gol Caracol, he said: “It’s always uncomfortable to listen to the many lies that are said about someone, what’s important is the opinion of my family and those who know me.
“Anyway, it’s something that doesn’t affect me because I know what’s true and I work hard every day to be where I am. Those who surround me are always happy with what I have to offer.
“A lot of things have been said about me and almost all of them are lies. What most annoys me is that my professionalism has been put in doubt, and I can’t accept that.
“There never was any problem [with Zidane]. Every manager has a different taste. We have a normal working relationship. In the future you never know what’s going to happen, but if they let me choose, I would pick a club where I could show my abilities and my conditions.”
Is he really worth bringing to the club, do we need him?