Agent opens up and defends Timo Werner for making Chelsea decision
Timo Werner’s agent has defended the RB Leipzig star from criticism over his £47.5 million move to Chelsea.
After months and months and months of transfer speculation about whether or not Werner would leave RB Leipzig during the summer transfer window, it was revealed just last week that the German was heading here
Werner has faced criticism for walking out on his side before they contest the quarter-finals of the Champions League, as he wants to get settled with his new surroundings ahead of his first season in the Premier League.
Now Karlheinz Forster has reiterated Mintzlaff’s message and says Werner does not deserve a negative image, because he has chosen to sign with us before the season can really get finished.
“What annoys me is that Timo is now being put in a corner and portrayed as a bad sportsman who lets his team-mates down,” Werner’s representative told Sport1. “I have to contradict that very clearly and I can only agree with what Oliver Mintzlaff said yesterday before the game!
“It would have been anything but a good start for Timo at his new club if he had to return to Leipzig for the preparation and the Champions League after the break.
“It was the joint vote of all parties involved – and not just Timo’s decision – that he should move to Chelsea on July 1, and not until mid or late August.”
Werner will need to get used to being in the spotlight more and being able to deal with the British press, as they will be all over him when he arrives.
We are just hoping that he is able to adapt to the quality of the English game.[the_ad id=”164″]